Shannon Brook Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.72860°N / 71.3225°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 1)
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the directions in the "Getting There" section of the main page.

Route Description


This trail (which is red blazed) heads up the southeastern slopes of Lee Mountain via Shannon Brook and gains a little over 400 feet in 1.5 miles. The trail is not dauntingly steep, but it provides some wonderful scenery as you head up the mountain side.

There are a few nice vistas along the way and you'll get some glimpses of Lake Winnipesaukee. After a nice woods walk the trail ends at Shannon Pond where you'll get some more nice views to the west and north. From here, you can continue to the summit and stop in at the Castle in the Clouds, or you can call it a day. This nice little hike is doable for all ages. For the return, head down the way you came up.

Essential Gear


Comfortable hiking boots, snacks/water, trekking poles, and a camera.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.