Shasta from the summit of...

Shasta from the summit of...

Shasta from the summit of Castle Dome on Feb 24, 2002.
John
on Feb 25, 2002 9:17 pm
Image ID: 5284

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
rpc

rpc - Mar 21, 2002 5:01 pm - Hasn't voted

NICE!!!!

Excellent picture John!!!!!.....makes me wanna leave work right now and go outdoors.

radek

John

John - Mar 22, 2002 10:28 am - Hasn't voted

Re: NICE!!!!

I agree!!! Why couldn't we all work 2 days a week and have Mon-Fri off? ;-) I'm itching to get back up there again.



This reminds me... a while ago I read a very thought-provoking book: "The End of Work" by Jeremy Rifken where he describes a "workerless 'post-market' future" where a whole class of society doesn't need to work anymore due to continued productivity increases. Kind of like Gene Roddenbury's vision of Earth in Star Trek where people don't have to work for money anymore. Somehow, I get the feeling that if the world is led by America and the so-called "Protestant work-ethic", we'd all continue working and that human's would be miserable in a world filled with leisure and actually want / crave misery and suffering - the concept behind "The Matrix." Anyway ... have they gotten their 35-hour work week in France yet?

rpc

rpc - Mar 22, 2002 1:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: NICE!!!!

Will need to check that book out.......this is one of our favorite topics with my wife: we tolerate (and that's on a 'good' day) our jobs, and we love our outdoor-associated weekend/vacation activities - why? Do we love those in and of themselves or is the sharp contrast with the dull, stuck-at-work weekdays that makes the time off (=outdoors) so priceless? Our current guess is that it's a combo of both of these factors.....ahhhh, the French ----- I thought it was a 25-hr work week they were debating over?!! ......don't mean to offend anyone, good chunk of me is very jealous.

radek

Viewing: 1-3 of 3