Mount Shasta

Mount Shasta

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

"Lonely As God And White As A Winter Moon"

Mount ShastaLenticular clouds form over Mt. Shasta

Such were the words of famed western poet Joaquin Miller when describing California's premier stratovolcano. Miller spent a significant amount of time around Mount Shasta in the mid 19th century. The mountain has entranced people since time immemorial. Native-Americans, pioneers, mountaineers, spiritual eccentrics, and Lemurians (survivors of the destruction of Atlantis) have all gazed up wonderingly at the majestic Cascade volcano.

The number of images attached to the Mount Shasta page stands as mute testimony of the mountain's attraction to anyone wielding a camera. Unfortunately, the vast majority of pictures do not depict the mountain, instead just focusing on a small crag or some other feature observed during an ascent. While this certainly has merit, it fails to capture the majesty of one of the world's most magnificent summits.

The purpose of this album is to bring together the best scenic pictures of the mountain available on Summitpost.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
OWilderness

OWilderness - Dec 10, 2008 10:46 am - Voted 10/10

Inspirational!

This is truly an amazing mountain! Thanks for putting this together!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1