Ski route to the notch Forca de la Val

Ski route to the notch Forca de la Val

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.42058°N / 13.47645°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy ski trip.
Sign the Climber's Log


Getting There

For this ascent you must deter from the highway in Chiusaforte and travel through Rakolana (Reklanica, Raccolana) valley to Sella Nevea (Nevejsko sedlo) pass, 1142 m. This pass can also be reached from Tarvisio towards south through Valle Rio di Lago (Jezerska dolina). You park the car on Sella Nevea by the ski lift on the north side of the Sella Nevea, below the south slopes of Spik nad Spranjo.


Route Description

View down from the notch Forca de la Val, 2358m.View down from the notch Forca de la Val, 2352m.

From the parking place you cross the ski slope and you ascend some meters over the ski slope on the right side where you also will find the forest wide road that will bring you through the forest to the meadow Krnski dol / Cregnedul di sopra, around 1500m.

From here you will continue over the grassy slopes in the north direction, directly behind the meadow. First the slopes are not steep but just before you come to the notch Forca de la Val, 2352m it becomes more steeper.

You ski by the same route. This ski route is very popular so you want have problems with an orientation.

Essential Gear

Ski gear, crampons and ice axe.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.