Slither

Slither

This shot was taken off the shores Lake Erie near Bayview, OH. These water snakes come out in the hundreds to bask on the rocks in this area during the summer. Not only do the snakes blanket the rocks in some areas, they are hanging from the trees, and are often swimming out to check out the kayaks.
hikeman76
on Jun 3, 2007 7:35 pm
Image Type(s): Wildlife
Image ID: 298470

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
hgrapid

hgrapid - Jun 3, 2007 8:38 pm - Voted 10/10

C'mon!

Dude,

Why not add in the caption what kind of snake it is and where it was shot. You added other cool photos, but don't mention where and what snake. That is really irritating, cause you have this interesting photo with no other information. I think that really defeats the purpose of submitting the photo in the first place.

hikeman76

hikeman76 - Jun 4, 2007 8:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: C'mon!

Ok ok! I was on borrowed time yesterday. I'll update the pics today. I was assuming that since I've only put up pics of Northerns so far, that everyone would figure out what this was. I need to get out and get some REAL summitpost pics...gas prices are keeping me close to home though.

hikeman76

hikeman76 - Jun 4, 2007 9:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I put 2&2 together...

They certainly aren't what you call a "friendly" snake. These snakes are harmless, but highly agressive when you get near them.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3