Snowy Range

Snowy Range

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Scenery

Information

Medicine Bow PeakMedicine Bow Peak

These pictures were taken on August 2, 2009, on a trip to the Lewis Lake Trailhead in the Snowy Range near Centennial, Wyoming. I hiked to the tops of Sugarloaf Mountain (11,420 feet), Medicine Bow Peak (12,013 feet), Carbon County Highpoint (11,920 feet), and Browns Peak (11,722 feet) on a perfect morning. This area is an alpine paradise of rugged white cliffs and peaks that overlook numerous beautiful lakes and streams in the Medicine Bow National Forest.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Aug 4, 2009 10:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Great photos!!

Though it's hard to take a bad one there. Looks like you had great weather.

musicman82

musicman82 - Aug 6, 2009 2:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great photos!!

Thanks Bill - you are definitely right! I swear I hiked slower there than anywhere else because I was pulling out my camera every two seconds...

The weather couldn't have been more perfect; I'd been planning the outing for three or four months and that was only day this year that worked for me - I still can't believe my luck!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.