Sourdough Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 48.74620°N / 121.1193°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Steep Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Take North Cascades Highway (State Highway 20) to milepost 126. Turn left on the road to the Diablo Townsite and continue for one mile. Park across the street from covered swimming pool. The trailhead is to left of the pool.

Route Description


Switchback through shady forest for the first 3.5 miles. Use caution in crossing Sourdough Creek. Efforts are grandly rewarded in the last 1.5 miles of subalpine meadow and ridge top. The last 300 yards of the climb might be confusing if the Sourdough snowfield still remains. Persistence and patience will have good results...views from the summit are spectacular ... peaks and valleys in all directions. Blue lakes, grand glaciers, and the volcanic dome of Mount Baker are highlights.

Essential Gear


Eat your Wheaties.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.