South Sister Comments

keemaUntitled Comment

keema

Good looking page.
Posted Mar 18, 2002 7:26 pm

crirwinUntitled Comment

crirwin

I think this page is very thorough. I've found that there isn't a great deal of information about the Three Sisters like there is about other peaks in the Cascades. The weather links were new to me and helpful. I think the description of the routes is accurate as well as the directions to the trail head. I wish there were better information about climbing the mountain in mid-spring as I think it would be a fun time of the year to climb.
Posted Oct 27, 2002 10:02 pm

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Nice page. Cheers William
Posted Jul 17, 2003 1:02 pm

Kenzo OkawaUntitled Comment

Kenzo Okawa

Thanks for introducing beautiful Oregon's mountain.
Posted Jan 22, 2004 10:40 pm

HalikuUntitled Comment

Haliku

Nice page. Vote is for lack of upkeep by what appears to be an inactive member. Let me know otherwise and I'll edit my vote.
Posted May 27, 2005 11:40 pm

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

Needs updating, sig photo would be nice, more info.
Posted Aug 16, 2005 1:55 am

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

Some excellent photos and the info looks good, but the page is abandoned by its maintainer.

I'm voting low to help adoption or waking up the maintainer.

Please tell me when updates are made and I'll up the vote.
Posted Oct 11, 2005 4:41 am

DuseksUntitled Comment

Duseks

I'll upgrade vote is page is not abandoned. Needs updates.
Posted Nov 5, 2005 12:32 am

Garon Corizpage maintenance

Garon Coriz

I'll raise my vote if there are some updates.
Posted Mar 9, 2006 7:36 am

DrissanaYoungest climber?

Drissana

My 9 year old son completed the south sisters hike August 5th and he wants to know who is the youngest to have completed the hike? Does any one know?
Posted Aug 12, 2010 10:43 pm

CurtissimoRe: Youngest climber?

Curtissimo

my 8 year old son did it this month. i was very prund of him, as I am sure you were of your son! But I am sure there has at least been a 7 year old up there too.
Posted Aug 28, 2010 7:07 pm

Curtissimocampground at Devil's Lake

Curtissimo

Is there really still camping at Devil's Lake? The signs only refer to Devil's Lake Trailhead, and as far as I could tell no camping is allowed anywhere around there. I think perhaps it was but is no longer. Unless I missed it I was hot and tired... could someone please advise who has been up there this year? If not the page should be updated to indicate that there is not camping at Devil's Lake Trailhead.
Posted Aug 28, 2010 7:05 pm

osatrikRe: campground at Devil's Lake

osatrik

About 6 camp sites at Devil's Lake, per Deschutes NF.
Posted Oct 13, 2012 5:59 pm

SKIWinter

SKI

It should be mentioned that a summit bid for S. S. involves a much more lengthened approach. From the Mt Bachelor parking lot, actually.
Posted Dec 20, 2010 7:56 am

EasternSierraClass 3?

EasternSierra

Is it really class 3 to get to the top? I was looking at some pictures and it looked like it was mostly just steep scree (class 2). I just want to get an idea of what I'm in for before I attempt it this August. Thanks!
Posted Jul 22, 2013 3:14 pm