Spirit Mountain (NV) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-20 of 25
12
Jerry L

Jerry L - Jan 10, 2024 5:49 pm Date Climbed: Jan 10, 2024

Another Summit  Sucess!

4th summit on this trip with my dogs. I thought that this climb was difficult. The day was perfect with big winds on the summit.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Dec 20, 2016 12:35 pm Date Climbed: Dec 6, 2016

28 Peaks in 15 Days  Sucess!

After McCullough in the morning we headed over to give Spirit a crack. Spirit is a really nice peak and was one of our favorites of the trip. It's got an awesome tower just west of the main summit.

Other peaks we did during this trip include; Potosi, Cheyenne, Muddy Mountain, Muddy Peak, Virgin, The Orphan, Silica Dome, Cairn, The Sentinel, East Redstone, Redstone, Mystery Cairn, Vista, Hayford, Clark, McCullough, Stepladder, Big Maria, False Maria, Black Butte, Chuckwalla, Pinto, Orocopia, Toro, Santa Rosa, and Thomas.

Click here to see the trip report with photos.

cab

cab - Jan 20, 2015 5:38 pm Date Climbed: Jan 17, 2015

From Christmas Tree Pass Road  Sucess!

After Mt. Tipton in the morning. This was a really nice climb with great views from the summit. Pretty steep in places on the use trail.

RaymondShevsky

RaymondShevsky - Nov 25, 2014 11:32 pm Date Climbed: Jan 4, 2009

Gorgeous granite  Sucess!

Climbed with my other half. So beautiful and mystical I set a whole chapter of my book there!

surgent

surgent - Jan 27, 2014 2:46 pm Date Climbed: Jan 25, 2014

Warm January day  Sucess!

With Scott Peavy. We followed the "standard" DPS route that meets the ridge about a quarter-mile southeast of the summit. The cairns and use-path helped, and we commented that whoever put it in must have done it with a lot of trial and error. We benefited as it took us less than 5 hours for the whole round trip.

Dean

Dean - Nov 17, 2013 12:42 pm Date Climbed: Nov 16, 2013

Sweet summit  Sucess!

This was a mountain that made you earn it and thanks to Eric Kassan (4th summit) and Tracy Foutz for their great companionship. It was a great day.

Tracy

Tracy - Nov 17, 2013 4:42 am Date Climbed: Nov 16, 2013

from Christmas Tree Pass road  Sucess!

I hiked this one with Dean Molen and Eric Kassan. Good weather and fine company!

jdmorehouse

jdmorehouse - Mar 13, 2013 1:35 pm Date Climbed: Nov 16, 2012

Third Time's the Charm  Sucess!

We had made two other attempts earlier in the year, but got bogged down in the crags and ravines by heading up towards the ridge line too soon. This time I found a way and ultimately found the use trail that leads to the summit. Easy to follow once you know where it is!

tpalmieri

tpalmieri - Nov 25, 2012 9:42 pm Date Climbed: Nov 24, 2012

From the North  Sucess!

We made it to the top via the large ravine on the north side of the mountain. It was more difficult than we had expected but well worth the extra effort. Great scramble with some easy to moderate rock climbing! After some minor setbacks and some additional exploring we made it to the top in about 4 hours.

K9H2OBearer

K9H2OBearer - Jul 7, 2012 11:26 pm Date Climbed: Jan 15, 2012

From Christmas Tree Pass  Sucess!

This time with a wonderful of group of hikers met through Terri. Lots of fun, and Abby made it over the last bit of climbing with the help of her 2-legged friends. Lots of problems with cholla in her fur lower down. First time was with David S. on January 29, 2011, and Abby didn't make it over the hump that time; we took turns summiting and staying with her. The very steep descent is slow for me.

Rangersierra

Rangersierra - Jan 2, 2012 5:32 pm Date Climbed: Dec 31, 2011

Wonderful  Sucess!

I had a wonderful time and did a prayer ceremony at the summit on a warm winter's day

fedak

fedak - Dec 31, 2011 11:46 pm Date Climbed: Dec 31, 2011

Standard Route  Sucess!

Just a quick conditioning hike. Nice warm day for the end of December.

Pics and commentary are here.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Jan 5, 2011 1:22 pm Date Climbed: Feb 16, 2008

Christmas Tree Pass  Sucess!

Nice peak, great views, with Matthew. Trip Report

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Feb 14, 2010 4:50 pm Date Climbed: Feb 5, 2010

Standard Route from Christmas Tree Pass  Sucess!

Hiked the standard route from Christmas Tree Pass. It was easy to follow a nice trail left by a large group of DPS'ers who left lots of cairns to mark the way.

JBRunyan

JBRunyan - Oct 11, 2009 12:35 pm Date Climbed: Oct 9, 2009

Standard Route  Sucess!

Great hike! Took a few detours in the beginning but eventually ran into the trail. I had my dog Charlie, aka Mountain Pug, with me. He made it all the way to the top by himself except for a few parts I had to lift him up. He took a long nap on the top and had to ride in the backpack for the way down. Great Day!

Kadee

Kadee - Dec 3, 2008 3:46 pm Date Climbed: Nov 29, 2008

Standard Route  Sucess!

Very cool peak. Saw another group of 3 people and a dog. Very fun and I loved the basin before the summit. It was pretty chilly with a strong wind, but very awesome!

jimegan

jimegan - Feb 7, 2008 7:33 pm Date Climbed: Jan 12, 2002

SPIRIT MTN  Sucess!

CLIMBED WITH HOWARD, GIL, ALAN AND JD

alpspitze

alpspitze - Sep 26, 2007 2:08 pm Date Climbed: Apr 21, 2003

Standard Route  Sucess!

This is a Great Quick Hike.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - May 8, 2007 8:45 pm Date Climbed: Jan 15, 2003

by several routes  Sucess!

First time we went up a hairy ridge, down a ravine on SE -- very brushy.

On Feb 23/08, went up the remote north peak -- last register entry was from over 3 years ago. I was perhaps the 8th person to sign in.

michcio

michcio - Mar 12, 2007 10:45 am Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2005

Spirit Mountain  Sucess!

I climbed on Spirit Mountain in August 2005. The temperature was about 110 degree, and it was one of the best mountain experience in my life (especially , that I come from cold country - Poland:) )

Viewing: 1-20 of 25
12
Return to 'Spirit Mountain (NV)' main page