Standard rt. from the saddle

Standard rt. from the saddle

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 22.26467°S / 67.18727°W
Additional Information Route Type: snow
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: steep walk up, optional scramble
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


You drive up the road from Quentano Chico, and turn at the ruins towards the mountain. Anyplace you want to park after here is fine. Be sure you get good directions to the right road from locals, but you can see the mountain all the way from town. There is one stream crossing and not to many forks.

Route Description


Walk on up the road around the left side of the mountain until you see the saddle between the two summits. At this point turn right, up the snowfield traversing to the right up to the shoulder of the ridge, switch back left up the ridge to a point above the prominant rocks. An option that makes the climb substantially more "interesting" is to plo right on up throughh the rocks and climb the high class four cliffs. From above the rocks it is an easy high ridge to the summit.

Essential Gear


Good warm and wind clothing. Crampons, if you want an iceaxe, OK, there are some steep snowy parts where one would be justified, but it's not essential. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen remember your lips too and watch the inside of your mouth.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

UturuncuRoutes