Sunny start, cloudy finish on Raspberry Mtn.

Sunny start, cloudy finish on Raspberry Mtn.

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 38.90700°N / 105.1243°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 20, 2007
Activities Activities: Hiking

The Hike

My wife and I arrived at the TH around 8:15 AM under nearly clear skies. After putting on the packs, we began the trip, following the old road and switchbacks up the ridge to the North. The trail is very wide and could accommodate a vehicle. The trail offers a rolling up and down terrain, never really getting steep. Several paths veer off along the route but none are as wide as the main trail. Here we encountered some small sections where the snow had yet to melt (mainly shaded areas). Closer to the top you will begin noticing boulders and catch a glimpse of the peak through the trees. Here the trail becomes less wide but still easily followable. Keep to the left as you make your way around the base and up to the top where spectacular views await you. Enjoy the views of Divide, Pikes Peak Toll Road and the peak itself, along with the Crags, Sentinel Point and in the distance Ten Mile, Mosquito, and Sawatch Ranges. It took us about an hour and half to summit, and then we spent 30 minutes on top, watching the clouds roll in and over Pikes Peak. By the time we made it back to the car, the precipitation was just beginning.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Raspberry MountainTrip Reports