Super-Lioran

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.10926°N / 2.67545°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Puy Griou, Puy Mary and Puy Peyre Arse

Time: 3h
Total: 5h

This is the most interesting route to mountaineers to climb Puy Mary. If you only want to visit the summit you can walk the shortest route from Pas de Peyrol.

Getting There

Super-LioranSuper-Lioran

See the main page to approach to Super-Lioran.

Route Description

Monts du Cantal

Ridge SERidge SE

You can begin in Super-Lioran (1.200m) or in the Col de Font de Cère (1.289m). Both ways are painted as GR400 reaching col de Rombière (1.500m). Some meters before of the col you has in a small col (1.450m) the path to Puy Griou (1.690m) signalled as GR400 variation if you want to climb this peak in the ascent or in the descent of Puy Maty.
The path reach Col de la cabre (1.528m) with two options. You can climb Puy Peyre Arse (1.806m) or you can walk under the summit following the GR400. In both cases you reach the ridge in a small col (1.600m). The path goes just over the wide ridge to reach the famous Bréche de Rolland without complications to reach a new col (1.622m) just under the ridge SE of Puy Mary. The paint GR400 goes as well to the summit with a variation directly to the Pas de Peyrol from this point. The easier is to reach the summit following the narrow path in the grassy spun.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe on winter.

External Links

madteam.net: description in Spanish.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Puy MaryRoutes