SW ridge - normal route

SW ridge - normal route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.50000°N / 13.70000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble on an easy feratta
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up and secured climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The starting point is Dom Valentina Stanica pod Triglavom (hut) (2332m). The hut is approachable from more sides. For the overview of approaches check the main page of Triglav group.


Route Description


From Dom Valentina Stanica you follow the signposts for Cmir. First you reach the small pass Begunjska vratca, 2342m. From here you can also reach Begunjski vrh, 2461m and the both summits of Vrbanova spica.

Then you continue below the NE face and slopes of Begunjski vrh. On the NE side you can see the valley Za Cmirom. After the crossing you come on the SW ridge, which comes from Begunjski vrh and go over small peak Rjavceve glave, 2365m and it ends on Cmir.

The ridge is not very hard and it is very nice and you enjoy in nice view. On one side you watch down to Vrata valley, almost 1300m over the north faces.

On the ridge you have some small climbing parts, which are nice secured.

From Dom Valentina Stanica about 2 hours.

Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes, rope for not good climbers.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

CmirRoutes