Sylarna from Norway

Sylarna from Norway

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 63.01822°N / 12.20100°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Not to hard but steep
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The lake Syltjørna, which has great places to camp, can be reached in half a day from fjällstation Sylarna. Just walk NW from the station and walk counter-clockwise around Sylarna, into Norway and the valley with the lake (13 km). Don't use the marked trail on the last part (which goes south) and save some time walking diretcly towards the lake.
The starting point from Norway is the Nedalshytta, wich can be reached by road. The beginning of the route is about 7 km from this hut. You first walk to the north and after about 4 km go into the valley to the east.
SyltjørnaLake Syltjørna has good camping sites.

Route Description

From the lake you go towards the east and steep side of the mountain. The route is marked with red paint and goes straight up. Around 1300 meters the route turns a bite to the right and goes through bigger rock's, but still isn't difficult. Once you reach the saddle, the route is flat for a small distance. After that, you have a little bit of steeper scrambling to do before you reach the top of the Storsylen.
Break to enjoy the viewBreak during the climb
Sylarna viewFrom the summit off Storsylen

Essential Gear

A pair of good hikingboots, water and/or windproof jacket and pants, hiking poles, beanie, gloves and sunglasses.

In winter warmer clothes and a pickel are usefull.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

SylarnaRoutes