Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.30590°N / 111.9215°W
Additional Information County: Bingham
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 7404 ft / 2257 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Taylor mountain sits at the southeast point of Idaho Falls. It is at the nothern end of the Blackfoot Mountains. The summit area is managed by the BLM and the surrounding area is private property. An access point is accessible which will be mentioned below on how to get to it. Old radio equipment sits on the summit with towers and a small shack. These are managed by the BLM so trespassing is prohibited. Easy to just leave them alone. This small mountain is the one of the highest points in the nearby ranges. 

Getting There

From Idaho Falls, head towards Wolverine Road. Take Wolverine Road to the point where Taylor Mountain's south ridge meets the road. This is not an obvious point to determine but you will be able to see a no trespassing sign as well as an gate entry point. An unmarked trail is there for you convenience. You will park in the turn-out on the north side of the road.

Route

As you walk through the gate entrance, you will see a decently faded unmarked trail that you will want to follow towards by the ridge. About a quarter of a mile in, you will be able to see a point on the ridge that will be your easiest point to begin moving up the ridge towards the summmit. Once you get to the top of the ridge, you will find a fence line. Follow the south ridge all the way up to the top. Then simply go back the way you came. 

Overall this mountain trail is very straight forward. A great beginners hike for a first time summit or if your out of shape looking to get back into things.

Mileage: 2.2 Miles (One way)

Class 2

Elevation Gain: 1531

Red Tape

Add Red Tape text here.

When to Climb

You could climb this anytime of the year. It is a very mild summit. If you go during winter while a lot of heavy snow is on the mountain you will want to tread carefully and bring the proper equipement you feel you will need to approach this summit safely. Overall you should be safe if you go prepared.

Camping

No camping in this general area. 

External Links

For added insight to this trail and summit, feel free to check out these links and blogs to learn more about the approach:

https://www.idahoaclimbingguide.com/bookupdates/taylor-mountain/

https://idahosummits.com/trip_reports/trip_report.php?trip_id=201



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Southeast Idaho RangesMountains & Rocks