Tazaghart Hut

Tazaghart Hut

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Location Lat/Lon: 31.07525°N / 7.96235°W
Seasons Season: Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 9843 ft / 3000 m

Tazaghart Hut

Tazaghart Hut from above
Formely known as the Lepiney hut, this wonderful place is owned and run by the Club Alpin Francais. The roof isn't totally waterproof, the eating area and kitchen are cramped if there are more than 10 people and a tooth brush. However, it is in such a superb location. The brooding north face of the Tazarghart plateau is a constant presense.

The walk in from Imlil is a bit of an epic, especially if you are carrying your own backback. The route is via the Tizi Mzik, the path roughly contouring above the Assif n Ouarzane. It wanders along steep mountain slopes, through woods, past a number of Azib's (summer refuges for shephards), steeply up past the Cascade d'Irhoulidene, and finally a slog up to the hut.

Extra

Tazaghart Un-named Waterfall
There is an interesting one pitch waterfall across from the hut. If conditions are right (Dec - Feb) then this is a nice diversion from climbing the gulleys and ridges.

Table of Contents
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TazaghartHuts & Campgrounds