The Classic

The Classic

Eichorn Pinnacle
SKI
on Dec 29, 2009 10:53 pm
Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing
Image ID: 585402

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-7 of 7
SKI

SKI - Nov 10, 2010 7:51 am - Hasn't voted

Re: wow

HAHA!!
You're a dirty man, V.

Thanks for the comment ya jack wagon.
Hit me up if you want to do some alpine or trad climbs this winter.

SKI

SKI - Nov 12, 2010 9:55 am - Hasn't voted

Re: wow

Fortunately, we met these guys atop Cathedral that were willing to take our picture so long as we would take theirs. We just left our cameras in the saddle when they were abseiling. Props to the guys that waited because it was my partner's first trad lead up Eichorn and we took a while (it's a fairly stout 5.4).

Cathedral is easy man, you'd have no problem with it if you got Pop Bottle clean at the Leap. The only thing is that it's a very popular alpine multipitch so you'll have a ton of people up on your ass if you're slow and waste a lot of time while building anchors/exchanging leads. I recommend the 5.9-5.10a crack variation on the penultimate pitch- it protects well and is only thin at the bottom. If you dug Black September, you'd enjoy the seam.

What do ya need a 4WD for?? I have a Corolla and never have problems just hitchin a ride if it's fierce out there. How do you get to the Eastside from where you're at during the winter?

Hear you're planning on some BC skiing at Tahoe this year- let me know when you go. I know a few good runs.

PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - Nov 23, 2010 6:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: wow

I couldn't really tell the 5.7 sections from the 5.6 when I climbed it. Vitaliy, by now the SE Buttress should be a cakewalk for you! Also, there are so many route variations that you can't really get lost. If you get off your intended route, you just just hop onto another one.

SKI

SKI - Jul 30, 2011 1:21 am - Hasn't voted

Re: wow

Agreed! Vote now!!

PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - Aug 1, 2011 6:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: wow

Area we pandering for votes now? ;-) Here ya go.

SKI

SKI - Aug 1, 2011 6:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: wow

Lol oh you know, I'm always a sucker for a good pic. PLUS you have EPIC votes (mine included) on your pics! Mine just aren't at that level yet lol. Too cheap to by a fancy cam.

PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - Aug 2, 2011 5:35 am - Voted 10/10

Re: wow

You gotta work on those calves, too, so that you can lug that fancy cam around :-)

Viewing: 1-7 of 7