The Falkenberg by Philippsbourg (Moselle)

The Falkenberg by Philippsbourg (Moselle)

The Falkenberg observatory in the domanial forest of Philippsbourg (department of Moselle, 57, in the Northern Vosges), is one of the most important sandstone formations ! With a total length of 650 meters, with several interruptions, is the site very big, strong ! The site can been reached easily enough, at his south-west extremity, with a good cut-line. The site offers to you, too much climbing voices, but you have to know, that the practice of climbing is theorically forbidden on this rocky area ... The invoqued reason is, that the peregrine falcon seems to breed and to nest here ... But, me, when I was on this rock, I had never seen him ! Still today, I'm posing myself in my head, a lot of questions ... Why is the Falkenberg so forbidden, if there are no peregrines founding here ? I don't know and I am disable to answer ! The Northern Vosges forestians bosses are too stupid and they have certainly decided to close and to forbidden this site, for establishing money-punitions and justice problems, to the persons who dare to come here (for having very big and wild sensations, on a magnificient rock) ! You don't have to forget, that from the highest summit of the Falkenberg, you will discover a 360° panorama : this is exceptionnal for the country ! You will see at your foots, all the Nothern Vosges and equally, a big part of the neary Palatinate in Germany ! The view can going very far, when the sky is clear and sunny : you will see Pirmasens and his eolians field, the " Plateau Lorrain " , Lichtenberg and Dabo, Goetzenbrück, ... To see in a big emergency, for all the nature and the rocks lovers ! And to preserve absolutely. Good luck in your discovering, and too much pleasure ! A last info, to know : the summit of the Falkenberg is situated at 418 meters high. A good value for the sector.
Kikee
on Feb 8, 2008 8:06 pm
Image Type(s): Rock Climbing
Image ID: 379347

Comments

No comments posted yet.