Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Poor Climber

Poor Climber - Aug 20, 2007 7:28 pm - Voted 10/10

They did what?

Wow, just wow.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Aug 20, 2007 7:34 pm - Hasn't voted

They did what?

Just what the TR said they did. And yet Darwin smiled upon them. A higher power on their side I suspect.

The TR also didn't even mention the rap station someone had built off the summit. The tapes used by whoever built it were obviously too short - so they joined 2 together with the rap ring !!!! The GB's weren't the first nut jobs up there.

rpc

rpc - Aug 20, 2007 7:50 pm - Voted 10/10

I hope

it was attached around their necks:

"I didn’t see how the leader was tied in but the next person in line does so with a slipknot. "

kinda like that church in the deep south where they dance around with rattlesnakes --> put your fate in the hands of a higher power :)

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Aug 20, 2007 7:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I hope

The next paragraph refers to what it really was; "a noose"

mvs

mvs - Sep 11, 2007 5:20 pm - Voted 10/10

laughing out loud

"Using this technique injury from a fall may be mild compared to the effects of the tightened rope." Could you get Tami Knight to draw some cartoons for this? Really hilarious.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Sep 11, 2007 6:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: laughing out loud

It's hilarious now. It wasn't at the time.

Turbo

Turbo - Sep 18, 2007 4:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Good heavens!

The whole time I was reading this TR I was thinking to myself, "you've got to be kidding me." But the pictures clearly illustrate that this was no laughing matter. "Wow" is right.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Sep 18, 2007 4:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Good heavens.....

....is perhaps the best place for them. Thanks for reading the TR and, the GB's notwithstanding, I hope you got something useful out of it.

Cheers,

Martin

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Apr 13, 2008 11:54 am - Voted 10/10

You have more tact than I...

I couldn't have kept from laughing at them, dangerous as it was. But some people say I'm not very nice!

"The leader does not build an anchor. He just stands there with the rope around his waist and waits to be pulled off." --best lines in the TR. Very funny stuff, especially for the dry, matter-of-fact tone.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Apr 15, 2008 2:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You have more tact than I...

That's nice of you to say Bob. I wish you'd tell my wife who insists that I have tact roughly equivalent to that of a bluebottle. She concedes that I am slightly better looking, however.

As ever,

Martin

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 2, 2009 12:44 am - Voted 10/10

Hello Martin:

I'm sorry I missed this; thanks for the heads up!

When you were up there, was there anybody NOT using ropes.
Do people normally take turns climbing to the summit?

Seems like if you had a bunch of folks climbing at the same time,
their ropes would get tangled up with the others.

If I came across some idiots up there, I wouldn't linger very
long beneath them. Thanks for the wonderful pictures !!!

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Jun 2, 2009 1:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hello Martin:

Hey Larry. During the time we were up there only 2 parties even tried for the top - us three and a solo climber - although there was a real crowd sitting at the bottom of the summit block. No-one used a rope. None of the GB's got up.

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'The God-Botherers of Mount Thielsen' main page