The Monastery of San Emeterio y San Celedonio

The Monastery of San Emeterio y San Celedonio

The Monastery of San Emeterio y San Celedonio
visentin
on Mar 25, 2010 8:26 am
Image Type(s): Hiking,  Scenery,  Panorama
Image ID: 607614

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-7 of 7
silversummit

silversummit - Mar 25, 2010 1:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Amazing view!

You are quite far up!

ojo - Jan 25, 2011 10:15 am - Voted 10/10

this looks...

...like the castillo near Samitier /El Grado (os is it Mediano) reservoir. I don't recognise the name, though.

visentin

visentin - Jan 25, 2011 10:38 am - Hasn't voted

Re: this looks...

Well, the name was given by my dad, who's not the best map expert :)
To verify ! :D

ojo - Jan 26, 2011 5:41 am - Voted 10/10

Your dad was right!

Not sure if it was a monastery or just acastle. I've been there! (with the club) and even managed to get a pict without the overhead electrical wires!

BTW I've finished over-hauling the Pre-PIRINEOS page. Thanks for putting a word in for me to Rafa (if you did). I had fun.

It still requires some "tweaking" but IF YOU HAVE TIME I'd appreciate you looking over it to check for blinding errors (and the probable typo or three). jane :)

visentin

visentin - Jan 26, 2011 7:53 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Your dad was right!

Well done ! Well, it's me who suggested it to Rafa (the previous version was terribly out of date; well Rafa owns so many that it must be difficult !). All links to your mountains are there, paragraphs for each part, fantastic work !
Only 1 remark, paragraph 4 (Sierras de Loarre & Gratal) the 3 photos appear too much on the right, which increase the page width and make it uncomfortable to read. I guess few "enter" after "Kingdom of Heaven" should do the trick.
I like the panorama of Sierra de Gratal from Huesca, is that you in the reflection of the window ? :)
Seen my re-hauling of the Bigorre area ? Perhaps my biggest page so far !
(p.s: if you fancy a Google map of subregions of the prepirineo like I did, I can provide you one ;)

ojo - Jan 26, 2011 10:29 am - Voted 10/10

that about the

The text and general design is Rafas. I've just "padded out" the text and rearranged photos. I still need to check on links and see if they're still valid.


Too many links to my pages? ;)


My refection? Possibly. It was taken from the bus recently. I don't go into Huesca often.



Strange about the FOUR pictures. Before, they appeared too much to the right, but I corrected it and it appears okay in my browser. I'll put another line break in just to be on the safe side.



BTW. Do you have a pic like the one by Rafa that I've used as the main pic? Guara seen from Ordesa? I like the idea of showing that this range can be seen from the big peaks, but Rafa's pic is a bit dark...



Yes, I'd love a map. I was thinking about it, but then got lazy after all that re-saving-and-then-finding-that-a-pic-or-text-is-not-in-the-right-place, etc. It can be SOO frustrating sometimes!!


I'll check out Bigorre. I know it will be impressive ---- but then you've had a bit more practice ;)!



visentin

visentin - Jan 26, 2011 4:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: that about the

Yes, in most pages (most, because the Béarn is the exception...) Rafa has implemented very good subregions for each main region. The Luchonnais and the Bigorre that I improved after him wouldn't look so good, even if there is little from his original text remaining.
Too many links on your page? Actually, no, not enough, I realized, while I made THE map :) where are Monte Peiro, Pico Aguila, Montidinera ? :)
As for the map, here it is :) You've got the edit rights on it so you can copy-paste. I have doubts about the definition of Huesca gateway, and I wonder if the westernmost part, left from Riglos & Jacetina shouldn't be "something" (one more section?) Ok, I might sound cheeky, I have never ever set foot in these remote areas :)
The four pics in a row ? Perhaps due to my panoramic screen which reduces the number of text lines and then shifts the 4 pics up. Couple of empty lines before them should do the trick.
The main pic of the page? It doesn't have to be in my opinion the picture showing most peaks on it. Rather something that gives a taste of what we can expect. Remember that for example ? :)

Viewing: 1-7 of 7