The Ramsey Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.78020°N / 71.5297°W
Additional Information Route Type: Steep Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

VIA RAMSEY TRAIL: From I-93 get of Exit 24 and head east through the town of Ashland. Stay on the road and take 26 east to Holderness. At about 2 miles you will at the town center of Holderness. Make a left onto Route 113 and head roughly 10 minutes on the road. Make a right on Pinehurst Road. The Ramsey Trail will be 0.7 miles on the left.


Route Description

The Rattlesnakes from Mt....


Distance (one way ) 0.4 miles
Elevation Gain: 400 feet


The Ramsey Trail is the steeper and more challeging alternative to the Old Bridle Path. Though much shorter, the steep trail often pack much less of a crowd then the Old Bridle Path. The trail steeply climb up the West Rattlesnake until it run into the Old Bridle Path just before the summit cliffs.

Essential Gear

In winter crampons are a good idea due to steep in icy conditions. In summer though no technical is needed. Remember to bring the bug repellant in May and June due to black fly season.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.