Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Senad Rizvanovic

Senad Rizvanovic - Dec 14, 2011 4:55 pm - Voted 10/10

....

Nice TR Jason, nice pictures and scenery!

thatnissanguy

thatnissanguy - Dec 15, 2011 1:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks

Senad, it was a beautiful place!

astrobassman

astrobassman - Dec 18, 2011 11:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Strong Day

Great job on Red. What other winter expeditions do you have planned to the Gores?

thatnissanguy

thatnissanguy - Dec 19, 2011 12:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Strong Day

Thank you. My number one goal this winter just so happens to a winter ascent of the Grand Traverse. So after the Christmas and New Years shenanigans are done with, it's on!

Other than that, Snow Peak's East Ridge, Outpost Peak, and The Partners massif look like pretty fun winter outings. Gotta love that I-70 access. Do you have any yourself?

astrobassman

astrobassman - Dec 20, 2011 12:17 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Strong Day

Grand Traverse would be a good winter trip. I skied it this spring and it was great then too. A couple of my friends and I want to get up Outpost this winter. Let me know when you're headed there if you want any partners.

thatnissanguy

thatnissanguy - Dec 20, 2011 8:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Strong Day

I was actually referring to the route "The Grand Traverse." It is the one from North Traverse Peak to Grand Traverse Peak. I was on Valhalla in early May of this year and Grand Traverse Peak sure did look like a good ski! Envious...

When I do Outpost I will for sure let you know. Please do the same for me if you and your friends decide to do it first.

Judd97

Judd97 - Dec 19, 2011 9:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome

Great write up! Combined with the pictures and the great descriptions, I practically felt like I was there!

thatnissanguy

thatnissanguy - Dec 20, 2011 8:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome

I am flattered! I guess I must be doing something right.

Marmaduke

Marmaduke - Dec 20, 2011 2:08 am - Voted 10/10

Wonderful photos

And a very good trip report!

thatnissanguy

thatnissanguy - Dec 20, 2011 8:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Go Gores!

Wow, what route did you do on Uneva that took 3 days? Must've been Gore Creek eh?

I know what you mean. It's a good thing that my memory tends to forget all the unsavory details after a while. For me the most memorable trips are the ones that pushed me wayyy out of my comfort zone. Good times!

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'The Sun Sets on Red Peak' main page