The Wrekin Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Apr 5, 2008 4:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Good work

Thanks for the effort to make such a good page. I especially enjoyed the legends.

daveyboy

daveyboy - Apr 5, 2008 4:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good work

Thank you very much.
The Wrekin was a special hill to me in my Shropshire teenage days. The legends are great.
Cheers.
David.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Apr 5, 2008 5:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Often passed, never climbed

I must have driven past the Wrekin a hundred times or more on my way up the A5 to North Wales but never bothered to stop and walk to the top. Shame on me!

What an excellent page.

daveyboy

daveyboy - Apr 5, 2008 6:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Often passed, never climbed

Thank you for the nice words about the page.
If you ever get the chance take the walk up. Its a very easy and quick stroll from that car park. For me its a 20-30minute walk and thats taking it easy. Lol.
If you do it enjoy it.
David.

Boydie

Boydie - Apr 5, 2008 7:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice One!

Hey David, nice page. Haven't heard of this peak before so it was an interseting read for me. I'm feeling for that poor mermaid. There was obviously nobody to talk to in that pool on her lonesome. Ahhhhhhh.

daveyboy

daveyboy - Apr 6, 2008 5:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice One!

Cheers Stephen.
As stated probably Shropshires most famous so I thought it deserved a page. I like the mermaid comment...!
David.

Nanuls

Nanuls - Apr 6, 2008 10:31 am - Voted 10/10

Top Job!

Great work David I really like the page, it's really nice to see more of Shropshire on SP, it's one of my favorite parts of England so keep em' coming. It's wierd I've spent quite a lot of time in Shropshire running and orienteering, the Wreking happens to be one of the only hills I haven't been on, at least as far as I know. Are you going to add any more hills from that area? Long Mynd, Wenlock Edge, Heath Mynd or Norbury Hill for example.

Cheers
Dan

daveyboy

daveyboy - Apr 6, 2008 12:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Top Job!

Thank you very much Dan.
Shropshire is a stunning county and there are many places that deserve SP-Pages.
I am glad you like Shropshire. It was my teenage county so even though born in Kent, Shropshire is still like a home county to me.

All the best Dan and keep your pages flowing in,
David.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'The Wrekin' main page