Thompson Peak Comments

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Nice updates, Gordon.

Well, it's a start. Please reply here when you add some more info.

-Morgan
Posted May 13, 2002 12:39 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Nice page Gordon!
Posted Feb 27, 2003 4:19 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice page!
Posted Sep 22, 2003 4:44 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Keep working on it if you can.
Posted Apr 8, 2004 5:29 pm

Don NelsenUntitled Comment

Don Nelsen

Ya know, I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad that so few seem to venture into the Trinity Alps. I've flown over it about 200 times on my many trips to and from the bay area, S. Cal and other points in the SW and usually get a pretty good view of its magnificent peaks.

Only a few of the peaks are on SP and I plan on adding a few this summer. Thanks for what you have done with this one and I hope you have the time and patience to add some more.

Don
Posted Mar 16, 2005 12:43 am

Dennis PoulinUntitled Comment

Dennis Poulin

I dayhiked this yesterday. If this page is still up for adoption, I will take it. I will be putting together a Report this week. Let me know if you still want to give it up. Thanks
Posted Sep 4, 2005 7:49 pm

SamanthaUntitled Comment

Samantha

Cool page, cool peak. I wanted to adopt but I guess I'm too late. Would be nice to maintain a page on the highest point in the Trinity Alps! I'll add some stuff on the China Gulch approach anyway. Thanks!
Posted Sep 8, 2005 7:56 pm

Dennis PoulinUntitled Comment

Dennis Poulin

Thanks, I just got back from a trip to NYC, so I will be changing some things in the next few weeks.
Posted Sep 21, 2005 12:11 pm

Little Mountain GoatTrailhead elevation

Little Mountain Goat

My map of the Trinity alps wilderness shows the Canyon Creek Trailhead at above 2000 feet. It was made in 1998 and I'm wondering if the forest service had moved the trailhead down.
Posted Jun 23, 2008 3:29 pm

AriehDavidWinter

AriehDavid

Just a note for those attempting in winter... the lower part of the approach is highly avalanche prone, especially just before the upper meadows. Have a beacon and probe for sure!
Posted Dec 8, 2008 2:00 pm

Digglerupdates?

Diggler

This might be incorrect (forest ranger said 2k' while Google maps shows it as over 3k'), but I think the trailhead for Canyon Creek could well be above 990'- this could be important for those contemplating a winter ascent, as that elevation difference could mean the difference between just making it to the trailhead or not.

Also, the link for the winter plane photos is no longer valid- in fact you might want to reference this page, an album on SP that seems like it might have the same photos: http://www.summitpost.org/album/178739/flight-over-trinity-alps.html

This page would also be more useful than the general National Forest site referenced: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/shastatrinity/
Posted Mar 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Bubba SuessRe: updates?

Bubba Suess

Thanks for pointing out that stuff. I have been meaning to give this page a complete overhaul for awhile. I needed a kick in the six to get going.

Sorry I didn't get back on the Casaval stuff too. I have been away from home on work. Anyway, I did transfer the Casaval page to you. I hope that is cool. Definitely give a holler if you head up this way!
Posted Mar 11, 2009 6:36 pm

DigglerRe: updates?

Diggler

No worries. I understand about time being in short supply. I put in some work on the Casaval Ridge page- a bit more long-winded than before, but with some relevent information that I think will be beneficial to others. I hope to go up again in the spring, & to put up anything else that occurs to me. Have a look at the page if you want, & let me know if there's anything else that would be good to put in there. I'll give you a shout the next time I head up to the northern mountains.
Posted Mar 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Infected MushroomCanyon Creek

Infected Mushroom

The page says 10 and 15 miles one way, which one is it?
Posted Jun 11, 2011 5:50 pm