Tobin's Dihedral

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.06670°N / 118.5286°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical rock climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.10+
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

From the parking area, hike down to the base of the dome. Traverse along the base to about the middle of the dome. Tobin's Dihedral is the huge left facing corner, you can't miss it.

Route Description

Pitch 1- Climb the corner. The start takes a #4.5-#5 camalot. The crack slowly gets smaller as you climb up, taking smaller and smaller cams, all the way down to ½" near the end of the pitch. There is a bolted belay on the face, you can rap from here with 2 ropes.

Pitch 2- Continue up and belay at the top of the corner and belay there. (5.8)

Pitch 3- Climb the face passing 3 bolts tending slightly to the left, to a bolted belay, a bit run-out. (5.8)

Pitch 4- Continue up the unprotrected face to easy ground. (5.6)

Photo sequence...
1 23

Essential Gear

Cams, full set including...
1 #4.5 or #5 Camalot
1 #4 Camalot

Nuts- 1 set


Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.