Total Eclipse today

Total Eclipse today

The view from the side of Palisades Reservoir in Idaho from the totality zone of the eclipse.
wyopeakMike
on Aug 21, 2017 9:27 pm
Image ID: 1005449

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
reboyles

reboyles - Aug 22, 2017 4:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Phenom shot!

We caught it in Horseshoe Bend, ID. We had perfect skies for it. It looks like you were clear too. Were you astronomically dumbstruck like all of us?

Bob

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Aug 23, 2017 2:10 am - Voted 10/10

Nice, Mike

I was on top of the Grand at the same time. Made a sweet video of the shadow falling across Idaho. What an experience. Glad you saw it, too.

wyopeakMike

wyopeakMike - Aug 23, 2017 9:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice, Mike

I hope you post your video, I would love to see it. That must have been an amazing experience from the top of the Grand.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Aug 23, 2017 3:24 am - Hasn't voted

Lucky you, guys...

...who have the equipment to watch this picture. Here in Europe we were recently not buying any protection glasses...

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Aug 23, 2017 1:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Settings?

What sort of camera, filter, and settings did you use for this shot?

I was happy to have a chance to see the totality as well... better than I expected particularly the view of the corona... the rest was sort of what I anticipated. And nothing online or any sort of picture seems to capture it even close at all.

wyopeakMike

wyopeakMike - Aug 23, 2017 9:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Settings?

I only used our Canon point and shoot camera on auto setting. It was the right place and the right time to get the right photo.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6