Tour of the lakes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 48.07170°N / 7.04570°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Colmar direction Munster on the D 417. Continue direction Schlucht collar. After 8 km, don’t miss on the right the road to the Tanet skiresort and Seestaedtle, 1070 m (car park)

Route Description


From Seestaedtle, follow the path with yellow circles in northern direction along the lttle road to the Green Lake (Lac Vert, 1053 m). After the dam, turn to the right to the clearing of the Gaertlesrain farm-inn.
Follow the same path along the Erichson hut (private). Through a wild forest, you reach the Trout Lale (Lac des Truites, 1065 m) or Forlet Lake, the highest lake in the Vosges.

Turn left to the Forlet farm-inn (red triangles). On the other side, climb to Altenkraekopf (1277 m). Turn left and take the very nice path (red-white-red triangles) along the forest to Gazon du Faing (1306 m) or Soultzerer Eck.
From here, follow the crest (red rectangles = GR 5) in southern direction. Pass near the picturesque Taubenklang rocks to Gazon de Faite (1303 m), Ringbuhel (1302 m) and Dreieck (1225 m).
Pass near the crest road (route des Crêtes) and continue through a mountain beech forest to the Tanet thatch and Tanet summit.
500 meters after the summit in southern direction, turn left and cross the ski tracks obviously to the startpoint Seestaettle.


Essential Gear


This hike needs no gear but can be done also with skishoes in winter.




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

VosgesRoutes
 
TanetRoutes