Trap Hills Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
bluffview

bluffview - Oct 2, 2007 8:48 am - Hasn't voted

Nice pics & page

I'm kind of torn, I like to share what the U.P. has to offer but don't want to see it turn into some overcrowded touron hiking destination. Even though I've lived here my whole life the only time I've been up in the Trap Hills has been in winter.

Nice write up and really nice pics.

Edit: I think I did see one item to be corrected, M-64 is on the west end and 45 on the east.

dwhike

dwhike - Oct 2, 2007 12:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice pics & page

Thanks for comments. From what I saw in the Trap Hills you don't have to worry about overcrowding anytime soon, just don't let the county pave any more of those roads! I'd really like to see the area preserved as a wilderness to keep it in the state it is. Its seems like a nice alternative to the business of the Porkies. Anyways, we lived up in Negaunee for 8 years and find it kind of amusing how people "down below" view the UP. I wouldn't expect to be overrun anytime soon as most people in the LP don't get far beyond the bridge for fear of a sudden June snowstorm or a flock of chicken-sized mosquitos;-) Don't worry, I'm doing my part down here to scare em off!
Thanks again!

Arthur Digbee

Arthur Digbee - Oct 3, 2007 9:31 pm - Voted 10/10

OK, ya got me

I've never seen the Trap Hills on a map either -- nor heard of them when stomping around the Porkies. Great pics!!!

Oh, I wouldn't worry about other Michiganders overrunning the UP.

injektilo

injektilo - Oct 4, 2007 11:27 am - Voted 10/10

Looks like a nice area...

A lot of these UP areas look very similar to parts of Maine... which I find quite attractive! Good job with the page and the pictures.

dwhike

dwhike - Oct 4, 2007 6:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Looks like a nice area...

I've heard that comment a number of times. They have a lot in common...low, rocky coastal mountains, large expanses of undeveloped forest, and blessedly few people. You could certainly do worse than being Maine-like! :)

stinkycheezman33

stinkycheezman33 - Nov 7, 2007 9:47 pm - Voted 10/10

wow!

great write-up dw! a wonderful contribution. i have heard of the hills, but have yet to try and venture into them...someday...

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Trap Hills' main page