Trattberg from Seewaldsee

Trattberg from Seewaldsee

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.64099°N / 13.27415°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Climbing Trattberg from Seewaldsee is probably the most beautiful route to the summit.

Getting There

For the location of Trattberg see the main page.
Seewaldsee can be reached by mountain bike or car.
If you come from the south (Golling) branch off from the main road (B159) approximtely 1.5 km after you have left Golling and follow the road to St. Koloman, Wegscheid. Having passed Wegscheid you will see a sign Seewaldsee.

If you come from the north (Hallein) follow the good road to Vigaun and then to St. Koloman and then Wegscheid.

Next to Seewaldsee there is a parking area. On weekends you might be charged a small parking tax.

Route Description

The route starts directly at the car park. Follow the marked path over some pastures to a forest. After 40 minutes an impressive rock face - Gitschenwand - is reached. The path runs along the base of the wall and after some hairpin bends Enzianhütte offering tasty food awaits you.
From there the path climbs the wide grassy slopes of Trattberg where you can enjoy an overwhelming panorama.

Essential Gear

No special gear needed.
Best time is from Mai till beginning of Winter.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TrattbergRoutes