Traverse from Dicks Peak

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.89000°N / 120.15°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble w/mini bushwack
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2-3
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


This route describes the ridge traverse between the summits of Jacks and Dicks Peak and supposes that you are starting on the summit of Dicks Peak. See the fine Dicks Peak page for how to get yourself atop that peak. If you're starting on top of Jacks, reverse the route.

Route Description


This is a fun but pretty easy ridge scramble with great views. It is class 2 almost the entire way, with one more difficult section on Jacks' north ridge just above the notch between the two peaks. This is easy class 3 and there are many ways to scramble around any difficult spots. See the photos below for detail.

Descend south from Dicks Peak to the notch. Easy Class 2. Climb up from the notch up the north ridge of Jacks Peak. A tricky section is encountered about 1/4 way up the ridge. Above that, the main difficulties are avoiding the persistent shrubs along the ridge. Enjoy the fine views of the Crystal Range from the summit of Jacks.

Essential Gear


nuttin' but a good pair of sneakers.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.