Traverse from Little Lakes Peak

Traverse from Little Lakes Peak

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.40530°N / 118.7323°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: class 3/4
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Climb Little Lakes Peak and then

Route Description

From Little Lakes Peak head northeast towards the obvious ridgeline connecting it to Mount Morgan. Drop 400 feet before re-gaining 1,400' or so to the summit of Mount Morgan S. Many "towers" crest the ridge. Most of those are class 4, solid with little exposure. However, they can easily be avoided if climbing them is not desired. The traverse is approximately 0.8 miles (from summit to summit as the bird would fly). Fiddler and Moynier list the traverse to Mount Morgan as one of the 100 best hikes in the high sierra.

Essential Gear

No gear needed, rock shoes if one wants to climb the more difficult class 4 elements (however, these can easily be avoided)

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
hgrapid

hgrapid - Mar 23, 2021 9:50 am - Hasn't voted

Drop 4 feet before re-gaining 1000 or so to the summit of LLP?

Is this a typo?

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.