Travnik Comments

Johan HeersinkUntitled Comment

Johan Heersink

Good page.
Posted Nov 1, 2004 1:33 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Nice page Vid like always! I am happy that you mention climbing route Crni Biser because this route is very wild and one of the hardest in the north face! I will make links on Mangart & Jalovec page in the evening because now I am going to Gradiska tura and then climbing a little there in climbing center.

I didn`t climb on Travnik yet but I will climb it now in holidays. Then I can write some routes and post some new photos.

Cheers Bor!
Posted Nov 1, 2004 3:52 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Thanks Bor! Enjoy Gradiska Tura. I went only by its ferrata. It's nice, but there were also many climbers in other routes.

You know, listing harder climbs is a tough job for me. I don't have any literature. So if you have a guide book with for example classical routes, I'll be very happy if you help me listing them at every summit :-)
Posted Nov 1, 2004 10:15 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Yes I have many climbing books! For example: Slovenske stene (Tine Mihelic, Rudi Zaman) and a lot of small climbing books for small areas.

Yes I will help you with climbing routes.
Posted Nov 1, 2004 12:11 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

The usual Vid excellence! You need to include it to the Julian Alps Group.
Posted Nov 1, 2004 6:31 am

wuedesauUntitled Comment

wuedesau

Beautiful! Very impressive north wall!
Posted Nov 1, 2004 2:19 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Yes, it is! Thanks!
Posted Nov 1, 2004 3:03 pm

rokajUntitled Comment

rokaj

Excellent, Vid. What I`m mostly glad to see by your pictures are self-made maps of summits. Something best. As I mentioned sometimes, official maps are in to small scale, that you can`t read. Thank you for this kind of presentation LP ROK
Posted Nov 1, 2004 3:24 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Thanks, Rok! I don't know why I have fun making these maps (Gangolf also says so). When doing it, I also learn - how the slopes are, where do you go, where the passages and routes are. You're more attentive to the mountain or the group. And when done, I use them also for my own presentations :-)
Posted Nov 1, 2004 3:47 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Another beautiful page Vid! Now I must updated the Mojstrovka page again :-)
Posted Nov 1, 2004 6:45 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Thanks, Sasa! Why updating Mojstrovke page? You don't need to mention the path, which goes below them towards Travnik. It's more or less useless. You can link to my map and you can mention some north wall climbing routes (I allways search on the web, because I don't have any climbing guidebooks). Just now I shall write the route description for the ridge over the all three Mojstrovke :-)
Posted Nov 2, 2004 2:25 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

I didn't mean some major update Vid, just to insert Travnik link where it is mentioned. You are right, I have to add some climbing routes to the Mojstrovka page, forgot about that. Just few days ago I was looking for info about Stena climbing routes and was surprised that there is no Slovenian site with comprehensive info where you can find the list of all the routes with heights and grades?! Not just Slovenian but any such site. Only some scattered info on some private or climbing clubs pages. When you see that it is no longer wonder that you were the only Slovenian on SP till recently and that I'm the only one from Croatia doing something here. Great that you are going to describe crossing of 3 Mojstrovka's!
Posted Nov 2, 2004 6:53 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Hey Vid, I just realized that you forgot to assign Travnik to Julian Alps group.
Posted Nov 2, 2004 7:10 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Oh nice talk about Mojstrovke! Today I was on all three Mojstrovke and on Travnik. I am planning to post Zadnja Mojstrovka and Velika Mojstrovka! Can I ask you Sasha that you change the name of your oage of Mojstrovka to Mala Mojstrovka?

Thanks! :-)
Posted Nov 2, 2004 12:34 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

It is not problem for me to change the name of the page Bor but I wonder is it necessary to have a page about all three Mojstrovka's :-) I imagined Mojstrovka page to be the page of all three summits. But if you insist :-) What Vid thinks about it?
Posted Nov 2, 2004 4:36 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Who am I to tell my opinion? Well, Sasa has a nice page about Mala and Velika Mojstrovka. Zadnja really is not something so special to rush into a separate page. Also I had just today written a route about crossing all three - on Sasa's page.

Bor, my gut feeling would be, that Sasa's page would have all three. If you have valuable information - add it there. But of course, it's your free choice. Also Sasa would certainly have to do some structure on his page - perhaps separate chapters for each summit, with specific information. I don't know. I also recommended him to add some climbing information, because N and NW walls are really full of climbing routes. But he depends on web information - and there's not much (I know that feeling).

Bor, I would be happy if you describe the crossing of all three Mojstrovke as a route on Travnik. Correct my description of how to reach Zadnja Mojstrovka, and proceed to Travnik. And Site, if you were there :-)

Site certainly deserve a separate page.
Posted Nov 2, 2004 7:24 pm

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Ok this would be fine if Sasha mentions all three Mojstrovke. Each Mojstrovka must be in own section. Like this:

Mala Mojstrovka (information, photos and so on)

Velika Mojstrovka (-||-)

Zadnja Mojstrovka(-||-)

I think description like this would be very nice and clear.

Vid I read your description about crossing Mojstrvoke ridge..so I am asking why should I write a description of route on Travnik over MOjstrvoke ridge because you had already done it! And you had done link on Tracnik`s page. So I think it is not necessary to describe it again!

I will post today the page about Site.
Posted Nov 3, 2004 2:23 am