Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Felsberg

Felsberg - Feb 28, 2006 4:51 am - Voted 10/10

my $0.02...

good job on this nice page, but I wish clicking the thumbnail image of a peak in the list took you to the main page of the peak, not the image. just my 2c.

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Feb 28, 2006 7:06 pm - Hasn't voted

2 cent

Jeff, y'know, I thought a bit about that... guess the thing was that the links to the peaks are already there on the left of the page to begin with. But I was possibly going to change it though, so that clicking on the NAME of the peak sends you there (which is why I put the peak names in bold). Just html'ed out right now.

Felsberg

Felsberg - Mar 2, 2006 11:01 pm - Voted 10/10

mica mtn

Please add Mica Mtn to the group:
http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/153827/mica-mountain.html
the author of the page never grouped it with tucson, so its been largely unseen.

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Mar 3, 2006 6:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: mica mtn

Thanks for bringing that to my attention - I had no idea someone had done Mica already.

Dean

Dean - Mar 2, 2006 11:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Impressive effort

Now I can suggest to the wifey that we take a trip to Tucson and she'll think I'm making the trip there for her. I can hear it now "see ya later, there some mountains here to climb" Well done.

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Mar 3, 2006 6:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Impressive effort

Dean, glad you liked it. If you make it down and want a partner for any of the climbs, chances are good I'll be somewhere nearby...

Dean

Dean - Nov 19, 2006 2:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Impressive effort

I just had my first taste of the Tucson area with visits to Rice Peak, Lemmon Peak and Wrightson area. I loved the area and will have to return to explore it more fully.

BTW, it might be noteworthy to mention that the county highpoint of Pinal County is on the north side of Rice Mountain (not mentioned in your fine page), the county highpoint of Pima County is atop Mt. Lemmon and the county highpoint of Santa Cruz County is Mt. Wrightson. I am chasing all of the Arizona county highpoints as shown HERE

The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Mar 2, 2006 11:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page

This is just about as good as it gets. Nice work!

vvujisic

vvujisic - Mar 3, 2006 12:41 am - Voted 9/10

Nice page!

Please, add just more height of this range and coordinates.

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Mar 3, 2006 6:28 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page!

Vlado, thanks for checking the page out - good to see folks from afar looking at my work!

I'm not sure how to do what you suggest - because there are four separate ranges, plus a handful of peaks not in the ranges, so it'd be hard to put a single elevation or coordinate. Are you suggesting that I put coordinates and elevations for all the different ranges?

Cheers,

Walt

vvujisic

vvujisic - Mar 3, 2006 8:15 am - Voted 9/10

Re: Nice page!

On the top of the page you can put the coordinates of the middle one (located in the heart) from all these ranges. Also, put the height (foot/meters) of the highest ranges from all these ranges. Than, you can write on the page the coordinates& height for every range, in the beginning of each section of your page.

EastKing

EastKing - Mar 3, 2006 5:59 am - Voted 10/10

Winner!!

Beautiful web page on a pretty area! One of the best pages I have seen for the area/ranges group!

hgrapid

hgrapid - Mar 3, 2006 6:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Ironic!

Today, I was in Arizona Congressman Jim Kolbe's office discussing energy issues with his staff. I was talking a staffer who mentioned Mount Lemmon and the mountains outside Tuscon in Kolbe's district, and I mentioned summitpost.org and how we had a plethora of Tuscon Area mountains up on the website. Now we have a "Tuscon Mountain Ranges" page! Shoot, I wish I had known that before I had the meeting this morning. Great work by the way!

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Mar 3, 2006 9:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Ironic!

Hey, glad you liked the page... this one took a while. Hope you're getting some decent hiking & climbing in out east - and feel free to show my page to each and every congressman you can find (maybe it'll inspire them to help preserve some of these places!).

Riiiight.

Take care!

RyanS

RyanS - Mar 24, 2006 3:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Great work

I really enjoyed my climbing trip to Tucson last year, and you've done the area a service with this page. I didn't hear about the Santa Ritas' fire last summer, so sad!

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Mar 24, 2006 9:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Yeah,

it is pretty damned sad. The trail to the top of Wrightson STILL isn't open and that area's trashed. I see you've done Baboquivari - hell of a climb, isn't it? Thanks for the vote....

weeds19

weeds19 - May 14, 2007 10:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Very Well Done

As a climber that only visits the area once or twice a year this is a nice page that clearly outlines all of the options. Thanks for the hard work!

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - May 27, 2007 6:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very Well Done

My pleasure - and thanks for checking the page out!

hans.schenk

hans.schenk - Sep 20, 2007 4:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Please add Ragged Top

Could you please add my new page detailing Ragged Top up by Picacho Peak. It would fall in the 'other' peak category! Thanks a ton!

hans.schenk

hans.schenk - Oct 12, 2007 2:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks!

Thanks Walt for putting Ragged Top on your page!

Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Return to 'Tucson Mountain Ranges' main page