Unnamed Summits in Rocky Mounatain National ParkUnnamed Summits in Rocky Mountain National Park
Even though I have hiked/climbed each of these points I have not included Raven Point, Echo Point, or The Gemstones in my count of unnamed summits because they do not meet the 300 ft rule. (But then neither does Dragon's Egg Rock which is included in the list of 126 named summits in Rocky Mounatain National Park, so everyone can determine their own list.)
None of these have official names on the topo map of the park. Several names are from Gerry Roach's Rocky Mountain National Park book and some are Jim Disney's. If the elevation was not shown on the map the elevation is approximate since I've calculated them from a topo with 80 ft contours.
1. Pennock Peak- 11,058ft -- west of Signal Mtn. (above Pennock Creek)
2. Flint Peak aka North Star - 12,232 ft - west of Mirror Lake (on the boundary -- Flint Peak was in an informal register, Jim's name is North Star.)
3. Raven Point- (I'm pretty sure this doesn't meet the 300ft rule, but since there are so many Raven's in the park they deserve a Point named for them.) It's the rocky point between Dickinson and Dunraven.
4. Confluence Peak - 11,220 ft- between Willow Creek and Poudre River, SW of the mouth of Hague Creek, hence Jim's name of Confluence Peak.
5. Nutcracker Peak - 10,855ft - south of Confluence Peak approx 5 miles N of Milner Pass
6. Worthwhile Peak - 11,840 ft- South of Long Draw Reservoir
7. Three River's Peak - 12,240 ft. - North of Specimen
8. Stapps Point- off of the north ridge of Stone's Peak
9. Trailridge Mountain - 12,000 - above the Alpine Visitor's Center
10. Cloudview Peak - 12,320 ft. - east of Lead Mtn.
11. Squeak Peak - 11, 200 ft. - south of Shipler above Squeak Creek
12. Gray Jay Mtn. - 10,965 ft - north of Onahu Creek
13. Bushwhack Hill- 10,192 ft. - south of Onahu Creek, north of Green Mtn trail
14. Echo Point - west of Wescott - -10,809 ft . - this is not ranked (doesn't meet the 300 ft rule, but a prominent point.)
15. Spirit Peak or Ptarmigan's Beak - 12,241 ft. - SE of Andrew's Peak
16. Paradise Peak - 12,250 ft. - on the Mt. Craig/Isolation Peak ridge
17. Roaring Peak - 11,121 ft - S.W. of Mt. Adams
18. Thunder Point- 10,160 ft. north of Estes Cone
19. Lightening Point- 10,184 ft. north of Estes Cone
20. Tonahutu Point - 12, 277 ft. - N.E. of Snowdrift
21. Unnamed 12,018 ft - (The Electrode) - east of Static Peak
22. Unnamed 9723 ft. - north of the North Inlet trail above Cascade falls
23. Jim includes "The Gemstones" on his list - they are the three rock domes surrounding Gem Lake.