Upper Fourmile Road Trailhead

Upper Fourmile Road Trailhead

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 38.89070°N / 105.1446°W
Additional Information County: Teller
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 9450 ft / 2880 m

Directions

Travel US 24 to the town of Divide, and turn south on CO 67 South (not to be confused with CO 67 North, which goes from Woodland Park, 8 miles away).

Go 4.25 miles from this turn to a poorly signed left turn onto the Upper Fourmile Road. On the way, you will pass a turn for Meuller State Park. Once you pass the park, look sharp for a sign that says, "Rocky Mountain Camp," and then another sign 100 meters from there for, "Crags Campground." Turn left here. There is a ranch here with horses. Cross a small bridge, and begin to travel uphill on the dirt road. The road is rough, but passable for passenger cars. If you travel here in winter, expect the road to be plowed, but don't count on it. This road gets icy. This road also goes to the popular Crags Campground and the trailhead for the alternate trail to Pikes Peak.

Travel 1.1 miles up this road until you reach a sharp switchback. You will see a gate straight ahead with a small pulloff. Park here. This is the trail head. The road beyond the gate is prohibited to motor vehicles.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Table of Contents
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.