Urederra

Urederra

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Water

Add Heading here

The Sources of Uredera (nacedero del Urederra) is one of the most beautiful places of Navarra. It's located at range of Urbasa just under a big wall call Balcón de Pilatos (Pilatus's balcony). In this place the river Urederra borns from the wall and describes a lot of interesting curves with waterfalls in a nice forest. The path is very good signaled and it has bridges and stony scales to walk seeing the river without danger.

The name Urederra can be traslated from euskera (language of Basque Country and some places of Navarra) as beautiful water and the reason is evident in the images.

Getting there:
the entry of the path is in the village of Baquedano. It's easy to reach from Pamplona or from Estella. The road of Puerto de Urbasa cross the range connecting both accesses. The walk is easy and not very long about 3km (1h) with the same to return to Baquedano.

Notes:
For the moment the natural park of Urbasa-Andia don't have page in SP and I added the album in the peak San Donato, the only one in that area. In the future maybe I will write a page about this interesting range but it dont't has big mountains to show in SP and I'm not sure about it.

The pictures were taken on May 2010 (Spring) after a lot of rains in the last week. The best season to visit Urederra are Spring or Autumn. On summer the river has less water.

External Links

Natural park of Urbasa-Andía
Gallery of images and maps

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.