travel_murse

Offline

A Little About Me

As a child I was inspired by the stories of National Geographic. The depiction of adventure and wilderness struck a chord in my dreamy adolescent mind. Images and tales of the mountains in particular had an allure yet forbidden feeling to me.

My career as a traveling Registered Nurse has allowed me to travel from contract to contract across the United States. I've had the privilege of seeing many of these inspiring landscapes first-hand. While living on the road, these landscapes eventually became irresistible and I found myself wandering higher and deeper into the mountains.

July 1, 2017 I departed my home in search of adventure and in Washington State is where I found it. The spirit of the Pacific Northwest was palpable in the air.

Being on the road often exposes you to new experiences that can challenge your own perspectives and even form new ones. One thing I noticed is that with modern novelties making life easier, it is important to disconnect from time to time. In the mountains I am able to disconnect, but feel more connected to myself and the Earth we live in, "moving meditation" as I refer to it. In the mountains I am better able to recognize the significance of time and how short life truly is. With that being said, I also seek to challenge myself on the hidden ridges and facets of the peaks that define the Pacific Northwest. From the enormous crevasses of Mount Rainier, the historic cylinder of Mount St. Helen's, to the knife edge ridgeline of Eldorado Peak. From the awe-inspiring volcanoes to alpine environment of the North Cascades; adventure is everywhere. Since centralizing in the Pacific Northwest I have created and hold fondly countless memories in the mountains with myself and friends.

Relationships in the mountains are special. The suffering strips away pretensions and our raw souls grow closer as friends. We have to trust each other and we have to believe in our intuitions just to come to the realization that although climbing is a frivolous pursuit, it does provide those who choose to explore it a great sense of self fulfillment. 

Some may consider climbing a risky endeavor but when I brought myself over the edge and back I discovered a passion to live my days fully.


                                                         

                                                           -To those whose hearts sing in the mountains,
                                                           
                                                            Be adventurous, be brave, be creative.

My Images

See all of my 36 Images:

My Lists

Show Lists

Content loading here...

Messages Relevant to Me

Messages Posted to My Contributions

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Replies to My Messages

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Messages I Posted/ Editable Objects

Messages I've Posted

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Objects I Can Edit

Show Objects

Content loading here...

Reviews I Posted/Reviews Posted to my Gear

Reviews I've Posted

Show Reviews

Content loading here...

Reviews Posted to my Gear

Show Reviews

Content loading here...

Objects Others Have Attached to My Objects

Show Attached Objects

Content loading here...

Photos Others Have Attached to My Objects

Show Attached Photos

Content loading here...