Val di Rhêmes Ascent

Val di Rhêmes Ascent

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.52210°N / 7.14780°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike / Basic Snow
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: EE
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Thumel, Rhêmes Notre Dame.
See main page "Getting there" section for further details.

Route Description


his route is good also for ski-mountaineering (late March - late May, depending on snow conditions - well assested snow required)
From Thumel (1.780 m.), follow trail no. 11 for Leynir Pass. After a first steep step, the trail goes on into a green lonely valley. At Vaudaletta alp (2.443 m., 2h00m) the narrow valley open in wildest spaces, bordered by rocky ridges, permanent snow and little glacier. After the alp the trail goes on on a green highland: the rivers is left to the right. A short steep, close to a rocky jump, allows to reach last plans. Great stoneyground have to be crossed (left to right of the ending valley) to get to Leynir Pass (3.084 m., 3h30min). From Leynir pass to the summit, follow "Valsavarenche Ascent" instruction (3.438 m. - 4h30min).

Essential Gear


Alpin clothes and boots.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.