Valkyrie - The Roaches

Valkyrie - The Roaches

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 53.15557°N / 1.99537°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 5, 2013
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer

Valkyrie - The Roaches

Afternoon all

During the recent glorious UK summer weather, I was lucky enough to be booked into the superb Don Whillans Memorial Hut at the Roaches in Staffordshire. My partner in crime and I managed a quick "repeat offence" climb on the crag classic "Valkyrie", surely one of the great VS's in the UK unless you think otherwise?! Over the years I've seen one or two "issues" with rope management on Valkyrie and have even witnessed a party trying to do the route on a single rope in one pitch! So has anyone got any epics relating to rope issues they have seen or been involved in? Or fond memories or stories of this great climb or hut they would care to share to liven up a day?
Anyway the entertainment was duly recorded so for anyone interested in viewing a short HD film of this great climb and homage to the superlative Rockhall Cottage then please use the following embedded link:

All constructive feedback or comments welcome and hopefully it will inspire a few folks to visit this superb area!
If you wish to sample the full High Def experience and your computer has enough va va voom, you should be able to change the "Quality" icon to at least 720p HD in the bottom right hand corner on the You Tube screen. :-)

Cheers

Dave



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Peak DistrictTrip Reports