Valley of Ribèrot-Pla de la Lau

Valley of Ribèrot-Pla de la Lau

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.79748°N / 1.08567°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

It's the normal and most popular route.

Times:

-refuge des Estagnous: 3h 30m or 4h
-summit: 5h 30m or 6h
-descent from summit: 4h 30m or 5h

Getting There

See main page.

Route Description

We begin in the parking (970m) following GR-10 passing La Maison du Valier. We leave GR-10 in left side taking GR-transfrontier. After a nice path in the valley always in right side of the river we reach the nice waterfall of Nerech.

Crossing the bridge we walk in the steep path of left side to reach the small free hut of Caussis (1859m). We leave in right side the deviation to lakes rond and long and we walk in left side across green hillsides to reach the Refuge des Estagnous (2246m).

After a little rest in the refuge we follow the yellow paint of Valier in direction to the entry of right side of the peak. The path goes in left side with the help of some fixed metallic ropes (without problems) to reach the col de Faustin or Passe de la Balme (2620m) between Petit Valier and Mont Valier.

We turn to left side to gain with effort the last meters of Mont Valier (2838m) with two crosses and spectacular panorama.

Essential Gear

Water but you can take more in refuge des Estagnous.

Early in the season you need crampons and ice-axe in the access to col de Faustin. The peak don't have snow in summer.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.