Via ferrata Marino Bianchi

Via ferrata Marino Bianchi

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.57670°N / 12.20030°E
Additional Information Route Type: via ferrata
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: KS 3D
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Cortina d'Amepezzo take the road SS48 towards Misurina. After about 6 km you reach a big parking on Capanna Rio Gere (1698 m) just before Passo Tre Croci (1860 m).
From here take a chair-lift to Rifugio Som Forca (2215 m) and later a cabin-lift to Forcella Staunies and Rifugio Lorenzi (2932 m).
The way from parking to Rifugio Lorenzi on foot takes about 4 hours but is really boring and tiring.

Route Description


The climbing route begins at sun-terrace of Rifugio Lorenzi. You should follow the red marks and steel cable. At the begining on the exposed ridge, later passing a saddle. Now we must climb a wall, here are two ladders helping. Higher we find a key-place, on the end of rift. Then follow the ridge to the summit cross.
The middle peak of Cristallo - Cristallo di Mezzo - is 3154 m high.
Climbing from Rifugio Lorenzi to the summit takes about one and a half hours, return about one hour. In high saison and with good waether please reserve more time for "traffic jam".
Caution for falling stones. The route is very dangerous during thunderstrom and under ice-covering!

Essential Gear


Standard via ferrata equipment: climbing harness with ferrata-set (kit), helmet, gloves. Please remember, that almost all the time you are over 3000m, sunglasses, sun- and wind-protection are importatnt, too.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

CristalloRoutes