Via Kaljaran Pass

Via Kaljaran Pass

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.41986°N / 50.95588°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: Hike
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

From the shelter on the west end of the town of Roodbarak, drive a dirt road to a place called Vandar Bon. You will find another shelter at this spot. The road continues a little more to end at an elevation of 2350 m. Total distance from Roodbarak shelter to the end of the road is 12 Km.

Route Description

All distances are per my GPS


Place………………Elevation (m)…………Distance (Km)

Vandar Bon………..2350…………………...zero

Kaljaran Pass………4104……………………9.5

Takhte Rostam….…4245……………………..0.6


Total……………………………………………10.1 Km





Start hiking on the established trail. Soon you will reach a signed (In English & Farsi) split. Left will take you to Alam Kooh. Take right for Kaljaran/Kalahoo and follow the stream all the way up the Kaljaran Valley to Kaljaran Pass (4104 m). You will find a trail that follows the stream but in some places the trail fades away and you might have to whack your way through dense bushes. For the most part, however, the growth is not dense. In a few places, you will have to cross the stream but you can just hop over the rocks.





June 27, 2004
 In the...
June 27, 2004
 My guide Mash...
June 27, 2004
 In the...


At the Kaljaran Pass, turn south and hike up easy slopes to reach the summit of Takhte Rostam.
From Kaljaran PassFrom Kaljaran Pass

Essential Gear

In summer, only good hiking and camping equipment.


External Links

Add External Links text here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.