West Elk Gold Fall 2008

West Elk Gold Fall 2008

Page Type Page Type: Album

Beckwith Bench-2008

A few weeks ago I spent more time in my favorite area for fall color in Colorado. This time, no mountain climbing, just a long backpack into the heart of the crazy beautiful West Elk Wilderness. This was my 6th straight year in the Kebler Pass area and next year I'll make it seven, it's undoubtably the best place to be for fall color.

I'm beginning to really know and understand this unknown area very well. Every year I spot another intimate, beautiful and remote location to add to the to-do list.

I had perfect weather both days for a pack that began at the Cliff Creek TH and would take me over Beckwith Pass and on to the pristine Beckwith Bench where I would overnight camp. As some of you know, any word that says "Beckwith" means it must be beautiful. The Bench (unofficial name) is a little known place on the south side of East Beckwith Mountain, a peak I traversed a few years ago. I've been curious about this massive, wide-open, tundra/aspen tree laden area since I viewed it from Storm Ridge two seasons ago. It looked like another perfect place to visit one day.

I took over 300 photos over two days. It's been a long process, editing the good ones, and deleting the bad ones. Overall I'm happy with my results; now I hope youlike the images! Thanks for stopping by.

Kane








































Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
lcarreau

lcarreau - Nov 13, 2008 9:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Takes awhile to

download - but this is really beautiful stuff!

mattpayne11

mattpayne11 - Sep 9, 2010 11:54 pm - Voted 10/10

One of the best pages on SP

Keep up the great work Kane!
Matt
http://www.100summits.com

Viewing: 1-2 of 2