West Ridge (Normal route)

West Ridge (Normal route)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.36460°N / 6.70440°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

From Bernex :
At the church, go to the left, cross the hamlet Trossy, and at the bridge of Charmet turn to the right to La Fetiuere (1206m). Park in a bend near a restaurant.

Route Description

The normal way uses the south face and west crest.

The path begins at the Restaurant La Fétuière and goes up through the forest into the vallon d'Oche. You can choose between the path on the left and the one on the right side : the two lead highter to the chalets d'Oche (mountain pasture, 1630 m) go to the left (waterspring). Leave the grassy side before the col de Rebollion and take the rocky passage : la "cheminée" (2050 m, cables). A short gorge leads to the refuge de la Dent (2113 m). Then in 20 minutes through exposed flags and a short ridge to the summit (cross).
To descend you can choose the east route (recommended) . This route is very busy with Ibex.
Dent d Oche

Dent d Oche

Essential Gear

Little rope for children under 12



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.