West Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.42274°N / 120.8908°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is my first posting on Summit Post Additions, Corrections, Stylistic advise welcomed. Found by a happy accident, the west ridge of Bill's peak is not the walk up the standard route it offers a bit more of a challenge for those who seek it. 

Getting There

From Beverly Turnpike/Bean creek basin trail follow Beverly Turnpike up the valley and ascend to the pass with 4th creek do not take the iron peak spur trail. 

Route Description

From the saddle between Teanaway Peak and Bill's Peak ascend west up the lightly timbered slope. As the ridge narrows find your way through class two with moves of class 3 terrain generally following the ridgeline. A few more difficult areas can be avoided by traversing the south side of the ridge taking care not to give up too much elevation all of the ramp systems cliff out as they descend. Altogether fairy simple route some loose rock may want helmets if in a large group. 

Essential Gear

Early Season: Ice Axe Maybe Crampons

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.