Western Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.52729°N / 109.23369°W
Additional Information Route Type: Talus Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Warner Lake Campground is the trailhead. You take the Miner's Basin trail, which crosses the Gold Knob Divide, the high pass between the two areas. It is a fairly steep, but steady and well-beaten path. IT shouldn't take more than an hour to reach the Gold Knob Divide.

Route Description


From the Gold Knob Divide (The high saddle that the trail between Miner's Basin and Warner Lake reaches), turn right (southeast) and follow the obvious ridge all the way up to Pilot Mountain. At times it is a grunt, and there are some bumps in the ridge that one will have to cross in order to continue on the ridge (this will require some elevation loss). The crux of the route is a VERY steep talus scramble to get onto the summit-- it is quite a steep climb, and you will be huffing and puffing by the time you reach the peak. But the view is clearly worth it.

Essential Gear


Water. Lots of it.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.