Yebra de Basa

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.53457°N / 0.2684°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Cascada del ChorroWaterfall of Chorro

This is the most popular route to Oturia because the hermitages and caves are interesting.

Slope to gain: 1000m
Time to summit: 3h 30min.


Getting There

Exit of YebraYebra

-Yebra de Basa is easy to find in the road from Sabiñanigo to Huesca (N-330) following the signals to HU-321.

Route Description

Oturia s summitSummit
Ermita de las RodillasE. de las Rodillas

We begin in the exit of the village at North in a forest track with a small hermitage. The signal of right side prohibits the transit of cars. We walk on the track of the left following the wood signals and the yellow-white paint of P.R.5 to cross the river. We follow the path with a new signal to reach the small hermitage of Coronillas, with a small cross. The path goes to left turning to right to visit another hermitage, the hermitage of Rodillas with a big rock just in the middle. We cross the river and we follow the small terraces turning into the forest in the clear path. After a new turn of the path we reach the bottom of the beautiful waterfall called Cascada del Chorro, near of the big hermitage of Cueva de la Orosia. We cross just under the waterfall following the repises with attention to the wet rock to reach the last section of the path to the end in the hermitage (ermita de la Cruz). From here we descent a little to the big Sanctuary of Santa Orosia. The summit is at the end of the plain but you need to walk still 1h to the summit. It's a good place to take a little rest. Little by little we search the best path to reach the bottom of ramp South. The ramp has a hard slope but it's the last obstacle to reach the summit.

Essential Gear

Water, but it exists a source in the Sanctuary.

Images of the route




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

OturiaRoutes
 
Recent Forum Posts
Current Time: 2:06 am
Ermita de las CoronillasErm.Coronillas
Cueva de OrosiaCueva de Orosia
Cascada del ChorroCascada del Chorro
Yebra s pathTerraces
San BlasSan Blas
Ermita de Santa BárbaraSanta Bárbara
Ermita de la CruzErmita de la Cruz
Sanctuary and OturiaSanctuary of Sta.Orosia
Thread Time
Personal Websites 9:46
Mt Whitney via Mountaineers Route... 3:56
Summer 2024 Climbing Partner(s) for... 11:54
Best Andean Peak for a Bridge... 2:46
Critique my plan 7:54