Yee Haw

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.74470°N / 98.5317°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock Climb: Traditional
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.6
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Drive up the Mt. Scott road to the summit parking lot. Park in the parking lot on the north side. Walk back down the mountain road for about 75 yards (count 25 guardrail posts from the top). The trail(?) scrambles down a ramp to the right (east) for 30 ft, then switches to the left and scrambles down another 50 ft to the bottom of the wall. From there, continue west through a notch and drop down in front of another wall with several routes. Continue another 100 ft via a faint trail. the trail passes right by the route.

Route Description


Begin in a corner with an off-width to the left. Pro is scarce at first. After 15 ft or so, begin using hand jams to follow a crack straight up. Several other cracks branch off, but stay on course. Hand jams are the norm as you finish on a large ledge. Belay at a large boulder. 80 ft.

Essential Gear


60 meter rope. Medium to large cams or hexes. A couple of long (20 ft)slings for the top belay.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.