Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 37.89490°N / 107.7479°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jun 29, 2003
YES BE WARNED, PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU READ. "The shortest way to reach the northwest summit of Peak 13477 is via the Black Bear Pass". "The shortest way to reach the summit of Longs Peak is via the Diamond Face Wall". Does the "shortest way" mean "the easiest" or "the suggested" way? Now it appears that a certain resident of Moab, Utah misses all the other information that was presented to him and assumes that the "shortest way" means the "suggested way". He gets himself to the northwest summit of Peak 13477 from a route of his own choosing and then tries to descend via the "shortest route". In the process, he reports that he gets himself "damn near killed". He then goes back to Moab, apparently very mad, blames the author of the summitpost page on Peak 13477 for his misfortunes and wrongfully claims that the Black Bear Pass Route is the "main ASCENT route listed on this summitpost page". He also writes a fiery trip report titled "Be Warned" in which he tries to warn the unwary readers about the evil author who wants to send them to their certain demise on a slope from hell. The irony in all of this is that the author fully agrees with the title of this man's trip report. YES, BE WARNED. PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU READ!!!!

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Peak 13477 (T10)Trip Reports