Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 46.96430°N / 11.15380°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 26, 2005

The flight over the dragon.

Since many days I studied the weathercards only for a little mountain named „zuckerhütl“. In the end of september a high pressure area came from russia, my chance. Sorry, there was the problem, nobody had time to go with me on a climbtour. All people I know were on own trips or had to work. Only one candidat, the one and only Andreas known as "Erbse" had the chance to go with me. But he didn´t know about it.
our route
On Sunday evening we started in the alps. In the morning we were in stubai, we saw the first mountains, we were happy. We drove until the last cablewaystation and after one hour we were in the „hildesheimer“hut. There were best sunshine and so we climbed the „gaiskogel“, a really beautiful pyramid. From the hut was it no problem, we discussed short to take a rope or not. In the near there was with rope the right solution. It was a fine „kogel“. On top the horizont showed many clouds with deepgrey color and we climbed fast back. On the backtour we took a big pack water with us. After our trip I recogniced that the water came from a skipist with all the garbage of it. My health is ok. We slept good and in the next morning we went on our trip. We decided to go over the „pfaffenschneid“ .
from pfaffenschneid view back in the valleys
The first steps over the glacier we crossed made me a little anxious. Every step there was a noise in it, I haven´t ever hear so. After a while I`m relaxed, the ice was holding and probably 10 meters thick. We had to climb the ridge and after completely 4-5 hours we are on summit. We have had a nice trip. There was no one footprint in the snow and it was like deflowering a virgin.
the best of this trip
befor the summit
On top we saw a chessna on way in a direction to us. The plane flow a round and the pilot made signes, the feeling was like be in a movie. I hadn´t ever so fine weather in the mountains as in this moments.
We made pictures on the summitsign, I emphasic on. Than we went back on the normal way over the glacier in order to sleep another night on hut.
to the right Andreas, to the left Bergfreund
We were the only guests in the winterroom in this 2 days.
We slept well and next morning all was a white landscape. It had snowed and it snowed farther, on our backtour to the station we were wet, the short time with best weather was over.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ZuckerhuetlTrip Reports